Empowered by the belief that all people have basic rights to dignity and compassion, our mission at Mercy Housing & Human Development (MHHD) is to recognize the need for sustainable, affordable housing for low-wealth families of South Mississippi. To this end, the administration, Board and staff partner with clients, the local community, philanthropic organizations and government structures to provide integrated services, develop independent decision-making skills and build financial stability.
Our current programs empower South Mississippi families to manage their money wisely, improve/repair their credit, build wealth and maintain individual assets for more control over their lives.
Mercy Housing & Human Development strives to:
- awaken people to their own dignity;
- transform attitudes about oneself and others;
- transform public perceptions regarding low-income families and communities;
- build community purpose that is sustainable into future generations; and
- assist low-income people to protect the dignity of their families and communities.